|Department||MSP - Field Operations Bureau|
|Date Opened||1/31/2022 2:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,599.00 - $44,350.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Charnyce Leslie|
PLEASE NOTE, THE ONLINE APPLICATION DOES NOT FULLY SUPPORT MOBILE DEVICE USE.
The Maryland State Police Cadet application process will require you to access your online employment center account throughout your process. You will need to remember the username and password you create when you start your application.
Any questions or concerns regarding the Maryland State Police Cadet application and application process should be directed to Maryland State Police Recruitment and Selection Unit personnel at . All email correspondence to MSP staff should utilize an appropriate subject line indicating the purpose of the email.
LOCATION OF POSITION
This is a statewide position. While Maryland State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division will take county residency into account, assignment will depend on need.
Selected applicants must be willing to work in any county in Maryland.
Main Purpose of Job
· Age - Cadet applicants may complete the application process at the age of 17, but cannot be appointed or begin working until he reaches the age of 18. Cadet Applicants must be appointed before reaching 20 years of age.
· Residency - Applicants do not need to be a Maryland resident to process. However, they must become a Maryland resident on the date of appointment as cadet.
· Must have a high school diploma or a G.E.D. (Cadet Applicants may begin the application process in the final year of high school).
· Must possess a valid Driver's License in any state and a satisfactory driving record, current driving record cannot exceed 3 points, in the event you exceed this requirement please wait to apply until you are at or below 3 points.
· Must be in excellent physical condition.
· Binocular visual acuity must be 20/20 with or without correction.
· Have a good reputation and sound moral character.
· Not have any current court orders relating to domestic violence.
· Be truthful in every stage of the application process.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The hiring process for Cadet applicants is structured, rigorous and detailed. It is designed to help select those applicants who are most qualified.
1. COMPLETION OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION TO THE INDICATED STOP POINT
2. ATTENDANCE OF AN APPLICANT ORIENTATION
3. FUNCTIONAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT TEST
4. WRITTEN EXAM
5. SUBMISSION OF THE ENTIRE ONLINE APPLICATION
6. ORAL INTERVIEW
8. BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
9. MEDICAL TESTING
10. POLICE SELECTION COMMITTEE
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Maryland State Police at 410-653-4348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|