MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Production
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||5/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,866.00 - $67,374.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jada Newman|
Inspire Change. Invest in your future. Improve your community.
If you are looking for an exciting career with great benefits, pension, generous leave, competitive salary, and professional growth, apply to DPSCS team today!
Maryland Correctional Enterprises (MCE) is the self-sustaining, vocational training arm of the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services (DPSCS). Our goal is to teach our program participants the technical skills and work ethics needed to obtain employment after they are released. For more information, visit us online at www.mce.md.gov
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Responsible for assigning production process operating with full independence and reviewing final products utilizing quality control best practices.
- Trains incarcerated individuals in production methods for graphics design and production and large scale printing .
- Supervises incarcerated individuals in actual performance of the production process from withdrawing raw materials to preparation for shipping.
- Set up and break down various machinery.
- Make minor repairs as required.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.Jada Newman
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.