MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Automotive Services
MCE Truck Drivers
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||1/20/2022 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,981.00 - $64,750.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Pandora Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Drive Tractor Trailer or other vehicle delivering MCE products.
- Perform vehicle pre-check each morning to include gas, oil, water and general overall condition.
- Supervise the loading and unloading of product by inmate help assisting when necessary.
- Visually inspect the product and verify quality and quantities upon unloading.
- Supervise inmates and participate in the unloading, assembly and installation of MCE products at customer locations.
- Participate in moving jobs as contracted.
- Train inmates the proper procedures for loading and unloading trucks, proper operation of floor jacks, hand trucks and lift gates.
- Supervise inmates when on a job site with a minimum of 15 minutes intervals between visual contact.
- Report inmate escapes by contacting the Inmate Housing Unit, the MCE Warehouse, and the local Police Department.
- Responsible for proper completion of pre-trip maintenance sheets, delivery tickets, fleet master, pick-ups and exchanges accident reports, and inventory forms.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: One year of experience in Automotive Services or related field.
Notes:1. Specific educational requirements and other selection standards are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland and are listed in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.