**REPOST**MD EXCELS - Quality Assurance Specialist
STAFF SPECIALIST II EDUCATION
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||4/18/2022 6:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,649.00 - $82,727.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-Stokes|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- On-site consultation visits conducted on participating programs to provide information, technical assistance, and verify (once determined) accuracy of Maryland EXCELS rating;
- Maryland EXCELS standards assessed, technical assistance provided and recommendations made for additional technical assistance or training through the regional Child Care Resource Centers;
- Child care programs recruited to participate in Maryland EXCELS by conducting information sessions, presenting at roundtables/conferences/ workshops and on-site visits;
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical Support to Early Care Programs
- Public Speaking Experience
- Quality Rating Improvement Experience
- Knowledge of Child Care Accreditation
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.