Assistive Technology Support Specialist
Staff Specialist II
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Workforce & Tech Center|
|Date Opened||10/28/2022 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jerrianne Mccain|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
This is a part-time (50%) position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Delivers, installs, and/or sets up consumer, computing, or assistive technology as per assessment recommendations, manufacturer or RTS standards at the Center, field office, consumers residence, place of employment, or other location including assisting in the delivery and setup of furniture such as tables, chairs, monitor arms, and laptop stands
- Provides training to the consumer and their supports (i.e. family/employer) on the setup/connection/safe use of the consumer or assistive technology/software, effective use of manuals and help resources, basic troubleshooting, accessing quick start guides and support resources and introductory training in line with assessment recommendations
- Responds to and coordinates the resolution of technical issues experienced with consumer’s computing and assistive technology devices and software from start to finish
- Recommends necessary upgrades or updates to computers and/or assistive technologies or make referral for additional services or assessments as needed
- Recommends appropriate computing systems based on consumer’s intended use and requirements of software and/or assistive technologies
- Completes detailed service reports and documentation while maintaining help desk logs and knowledge base
- Additional experience as defined above directly related to the position may be substituted for the required Bachelor's degree at the rate of one year of experience for one year of education.
- Possession of a Master's Degree may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must consent to State Police Investigation (fingerprinting) as a routine procedure for all employees with this Agency.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391, TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.