FISCAL MANAGEMENT COORDINATORS **REPOST**
Staff Specialist III - Education
|Department||MSDE - Division of Business Services|
|Date Opened||12/1/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,225.00 - $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
**REPOSTED, previous applicants do not need to reapply**
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides program and fiscal management recommendations to the assigned Assistant State Superintendent, Branch Chiefs, Program Managers, & Program Directors in accordance with existing laws, regulations, agency procedures, & available federal and State funding;
- Oversees budget, accounting, procurement, position funding, audit, and grants management aspects of educational programs;
- Performs fiscal analysis and develops reports to assist program staff with strategic fiscal and programmatic decisions;
- Reviews, corrects, and approves accounting information for grant awards, requisitions, credit card purchases and other transactions; and prepares and authorizes journal entries to realign or correct expenditures.
- Schedules and maintains a weekly, in-person check-in with their respective Divisions/Programs
- Provides Status of Appropriation, Payroll Cost Allocation updates, updated Program Cost Account information, and other information as requested.
- Applicants may substitute a Master's degree in business, accounting, economics, finance, or public administration for two years of the experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Knowledge of governmental accounting standards, policies & procedures;
- Skill in the use of the Financial Management Information System (FMIS);
- Skill in the interpretation of State and federal laws/ regulations; skill in using accounting, finance & spreadsheet software; skill in managing multiple tasks;
- Skill in identifying problems & negotiating solutions;
- Ability to analyze data & make sound decisions;
- Ability to monitor performance & implement improvements;
- Ability to meet established timelines;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of officials (both inside and outside the agency).