**REPOST**Early Childhood Grant Specialist
STAFF SPECIALIST III EDUCATION
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||7/19/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,588.00 - $76,300/year (with growth potential to $94,280.00)|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-Stokes|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides case management, monitoring, and evaluation of the various requirements and projects from the Child Care Development Block Grant, including the Child Care Quality Incentive Grant and the Medically Fragile Grant as well as other assigned grants/contracts, including: reconciling the budget and the proposal for invoicing; monitoring grants and contracts to ensure compliance with program specifications, fiscal/spending requirements, and Minority Business Enterprise requirements; evaluating progress in achieving project goals and objectives; providing technical assistance to grantees and contractors to assist in meeting specification goals and objectives; preparing narrative and statistical reports for interim and closeout of program activities and processing special requests for updates, modifications, and/or data that summarize progress towards goals and qualitative and quantitative outcomes; participates in the monitoring of other DECD grants/contacts, as assigned.
- Research, analyze and make recommendations on administrative, management and procedural practices; write logical, comprehensive, concise reports and correspondence. Regularly handle confidential or sensitive information and exercise discretion concerning its disposition. Review and assist in the development of monitoring policies and programs, including the various requirements and projects from the Child Care Development Block Grant, including the Child Care Quality Incentive Grant and the Medically Fragile Grant as well as other assigned grants/contracts.
- Prepares solicitations to acquire quality initiative services based upon the scope of relevant federal goals and objectives and the scope of State projects in accordance with established State procurement processes, Division of Early Childhood (DECD) /Collaboration and Program Improvement Branch (CPIB) strategies, policies and procedures for submission to branch chief and DECD Assistant Superintendent.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Budget Management Experience
- Accounting/ Fiscal Experience
- State of Maryland Grant Regulations Experience
- Grant Writing Facilitation
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the
applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0013, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.