Mental Health Assoc III
|Department||MDH Eastern Shore Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||5/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,480.00 - $42,899/year, with potential growth to $53,467/year|
|HR Analyst||Tiffany Clark|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university including 15 credit hours in a human service program. The program must have included either a supervised practicum in providing counseling or other therapeutic services to the mentally ill or at least nine credit hours in psychology, including abnormal psychology.
Experience: Three years of experience providing counseling or other therapeutic services to the mentally ill. The experience must have included 100 hours of clinical supervision and 25 hours of inservice training in mental health.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience providing counseling or other therapeutic services in a mental health setting under the supervision of a licensed professional staff member or a master’s prepared mental health professional for the required practicum or for the 100 hours of clinical supervision and 25 hours of inservice training.
2. Candidates may substitute additional education from an accredited college or university in a human service program for the required experience at the rate of 30 credit hours for one year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Documentation of the required clinical supervision and in-service training in the form of a letter of verification from all supervisors during the training period with must be attached to the application form.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Mental or Behavioral Health Counseling classifications or Mental or Behavioral Health Nursing and Specialist specialty codes in the Counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with the principles and techniques of evidence-based, trauma-informed treatment and their application to individual client care
- Experience engaging, screening, interviewing and treating chemically dependent and/or co-occurring clients
- Background/training and/or field experience (e.g. 6 months) substance use and/or forensic counseling
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.