EMS Systems Engineer
|Department||MD Institute for Emergency Medical Svcs Systems|
|Date Opened||4/17/2023 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,343.00 - $102,097.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Loni Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Design, document and construct based upon State and local agency requests. Efficiently manage the Public Safety microwave bandwidth asset
- Evaluate the current EMS radio systems coverage and performance and develop a needs analysis to identify geographic areas that require enhancement.
- Pursue the acquisition of new sites through PSC Technical committee and state/county relationships
- Provide recommendations for the Director for the implementation of changes
- Maintain a leadership role in developing a robust microwave network plan based upon available tower locations as an active member of the PSC Technical committee
- Engineer and license the new microwave paths and work with Department of Budget and Manager and internal staff to implement the new links in an efficient and timely manner
- Prepare all Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) filings as required to maintain compliance with Federal statutes
- Maintain knowledge of current FCC rules that impacts EMS communications and make recommendations to the Director
- Provide the technical expertise necessary to resolve maintenance issues that are beyond the technical staff's ability
- Oversee vendors and contractors in the installation of new systems and ensure project goals.
- Adhere to project budgets and industry standards
- Maintain knowledge of changes in applicable technology
- Maintain security patches and updates to the VoIP loggers, DNS entries, SQL server system checks, NAS services, Monitor WhatsUp Gold/PSInet performance and SLA checks
- Manage and apply critical updates for servers and computer systems supporting EMRC and SYSCOM operations
- Maintain knowledge of all posted security risks and applicable patches for: UNIX, LINUX and Windows servers and WhatsUP and SQL servers
- Monitor network latency and SLA monitors on a daily basis in conjunction with the PSInet technical group
- Maintain security patches and updates to
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the design and implementation of two-way radio, terrestrial microwave, mobile data or wireless communications systems
- Have the following licenses: ISCET, NABER, FCC General Radiotelephone or higher FCC license, and/or APCO
- Possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- International Society of Certified Electronics Technician (ISCET)
- NABER ( National Association of Business and Educational Radio, INC)
- APCO (Association of Public Safety communications Organizations)
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.