Business Services Coordinator *** REPOST***
Office of Procurement and Contract Management
|MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent
|8/28/2023 08:00:00 AM
|9/22/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Work under the direction of assigned Business Services Partner in the Procurement and Contract Management Division to coordinate the planning and execution of all essential procurement and contracting processes and practices
- Develops and maintains a department-wide purchasing and contract management operations manual to be used by MSDE divisional leaders and program staff
- Facilitates the evaluation process for bids and proposals to determine if they are responsive to the solicitation
- Monitor procurement and contract management tracking and database metrics to support continuous improvement decisions
- Tracks procurement and contract issues and concerns and maintains open communication with stakeholders Provides technical support for online procurement and contract management systems and webpages
- Deploy MSDE selection resources and processes to ensure assigned division leaders have the information needed to set smart, strategic, and equitable procurement and contract management goals
- Keep abreast of technical, legislative, and professional trends and developments affecting procurement and contract management programs.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with State of Maryland Procurement laws, regulations, policies, application and software
- Previous experience with Federal, State, or Local government procurement and/or contract management
- Experience communicating with stakeholders, vendors, and internal partners regarding upholding and adhering to tenets of contracts
- Certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services or willingness to complete the Procurement Professional Certification within one year of appointment.
- Experience organizing, tracking, and being responsible for contract documents