Program Coordinator, Grants Administration and Compliance
Program Manager I
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||11/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,306.00 - $105,072.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Oversees the facilitation of and supports cross-functional work groups composed of MSDE divisional staff to develop assigned grant program and fund objectives, work plans, budgets, and other related financial details of grant applications.
- Implements and facilitates all grant application activities through the life of each assigned grant program and fund cycle (i.e., application development; application collection and review systems and processes; negotiation and disbursements; monitoring; interim and final reporting; etc.).
- Develops and implements ongoing grantee and stakeholder support services (i.e., application workshops; grant program and fund marketing and awareness sessions; etc.).
- Ensures compliance activities are executed for each assigned grant program and fund and when necessary, corrective actions plans are development and implemented.
- Analyzes and facilitates the review for a large number of grant applications annually and ensures compliance with applicable state and federal fiscal and programmatic requirements, laws, regulations, guidance, and standards.
- Provides on-demand guidance and assistance to stakeholders regarding MSDE grant administration, policies, and procedures for state and federal grant programs and funds. Work involves extensive communication, clarification, and negotiation with grant sub-recipients regarding specific grant program and fund requirements and budget details.
Experience: Four years of related experience in coordinating or administering education programs or services.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.