Maryland EXCELS Branch Chief
PROGRAM MANAGER IV
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||5/20/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/3/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,983.00 - $116,257.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-Stokes|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Organizational Planning: Determine goals and objectives for the Office of Child Care (OCC) – Maryland EXCELS Branch, develops policies and procedures, assigns priorities, develops budgets and resource needs, and establishes budgets and resource allocations. Supports the requirements of the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future by developing Maryland EXCELS bonus requirements and payment process and monitors system capacity for Maryland EXCELS program participation, quality rating, and Maryland Accreditation requirements.
- Program Direction and Communication: Articulates and communicates agency and program goals in terms of specific program outcomes, maintains internal and external communications, directs management systems, including a performance appraisal system, for meeting organizational goals, makes decisions to facilitate program accomplishments and carries out work responsibilities.
- Human Resource Management: Coordinates and delegates work, Monitors work progress, Appraises employees, Acts as liaison between Branch staff and Office Director and other MSDE Staff.
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation: Develops procedures and guidelines to review quality and progress and to review fiscal resources as it pertains to agency priorities including the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future. Uses monitoring procedures to review quality and progress, revises programs as needed, based on review results, monitors fiscal resources, recommends resource adjustments and revises allocations as appropriate, and revises monitoring procedures as required.
- Constituent Relations: Develops and manages relationships with various constituencies of programs, including any of the following: federal agencies, advocates, local elected and appointed officials, grantees, child care provider organizations and individuals, MSDE staff, and members of the public, Establishes effective contacts, Demonstrates responsiveness to feedback from and requests for information from constituents at all levels, and Communicates the goals and objectives of the Department, Administration and Office effectively.