HEAD OF DATA ARCHITECTURE AND GOVERNANCE
PROGRAM MANAGER IV
|Department||MDH Deputy Secretary for Operations|
|Date Opened||5/17/2022 2:03:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,983.00 - $116,257.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Roll out an data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Lead Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
- Create data governance roadmap for Data Office
- In conjunction with the DO, provide progress reports to Board management and oversee periodic updates to the Department Data Governance Roadmap
- Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
- Developing controls to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Provide guidance on opportunities to streamline data management
- Assist with development of data standards through identification of gaps in current standards and opportunity to increase efficiencies
- Maintain documentation on common data dictionaries, data usage and governance roadmap
- Oversee implementation of strategies designed to enhance data reliability and minimize redundancies
- Provide thought leadership and participate in projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes
- Champion organizational behavior change as it relates to the use of data; realizing the vision of data being managed as an asset
- Maintaining the day-to-day operational and administrative management of systems and master data across internal and external systems
- Support the system of record as a "single-source of truth" for each data element; resolve multiple sources of truth issues with key stakeholders via clear definitions of elements
- Maintain formal change request process to document master data changes
- Perform regular data monitoring and audits to ensure data quality, work with business units to ensure data accuracy and with IT leadership to ensure data security
- Coordinate the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with business owners and outside suppliers
- Interpret and communicate policies and business rules to end users
- Support management, manipulation, and capture of master data
- Produce stakeholder registers and responsibility assignment matrices as required to ensure a shared understanding
- Motivates stakeholders and forges consensus around program goals and objectives
- Develop and manage budgets and resourcing plans, and track performance against these budgets and resourcing plans
- Engage in procurement and contract administration activities as required to ensure the Department obtains the resources required to fulfill program requirements and objectives
- Develops and implements communication strategies to improve transparency and promote awareness of program areas and issues
- Engages productively and effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Develops written and oral correspondence of outstanding quality
- Integrates change management and change control practices into the program as required
- Identifies, tracks, manages, and reduces the impact of risks and issues
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure high levels of quality
- Meets legal, regulatory, and policy mandates
- Performs other duties as assigned
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in healthcare environment
- Experience working on Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Inventory management platforms
- Experience participating in the development and testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure
- Experience in work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting technical requirements
- Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes
- Experience managing vendors and service providers
- Experience working with and managing onsite and remote teams
- Experience with industry-standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrates capacity to engage effectively with stakeholders and all levels
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority. A resume must accompany your application.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.