PROGRAM MANAGER IV
Resource Management Program
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||7/28/2022 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/26/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$75,926.00 - $122,140.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Program Manager IV reviews proposed legislation related to sewage sludge, animal feeding operations, and recycling and waste diversion, and will be responsible for developing position statements for the Director/Deputy Director review. The position prepares fiscal and operating impact statements and coordinates the program’s implementation of new legislation.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills to engage a wide variety of stakeholders, including farmers, environmental groups, the public, and federal and State regulatory agencies.
- Technical expertise developing and/or implementing or providing consulting services for or managing projects involving the federal Clean Water Act and/or National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits and water quality regulations, natural resources conservation, or science-based nutrient management.
- Technical expertise in materials management, such as reuse, recycling, including State agency and local government recycling, printed materials recycling, electronics recycling, and recycling market development, food waste recycling and food waste prevention, and generally waste diversion/sustainability management.
- Experience working for or with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Wastewater Management, the University of Maryland Agriculture Extension- Agriculture and Natural Resources, or another college or university agriculture and/or natural resources extension program, the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service, or the Maryland Department of Agriculture.
- Experience working for or with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery, or other State or local government agency or private entity that is tasked with sustainable materials management responsibilities or work, and/or developing sustainable materials management policy and strategies.