Education Program Policy Analyst
Program Manager IV
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||1/24/2023 10:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$103,421 - $127,637.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 22
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position leverages critical thinking and analysis and communication skills to ensure policies of the Department are aligned to best-in-class research, accurate, and easily understood by stakeholders.
- Leads and Manages efforts to research, draft, and present legislative changes to statutes and/or introduce new legislations in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Coordinates and prepares regulatory changes to COMAR on behalf of the Department. Responsible for life cycle management of COMAR from creation to retiring of the regulations.
- Works to include all key divisions and offices including assistance to local education agencies (LEA) related to outreach, intervention, compliance monitoring, consultation, and technical assistance.
- Assists with new initiatives to improve organizational efficiency, visibility, and organization-wide leadership development and Works with internal divisions to identify areas of improvement through legislation.
- Prepares the Department for the Maryland General Assembly legislative sessions including the preparation of talking points, factsheets, testimony, and additional legislative outreach.
- Coordinates the drafting of remarks and/or talking points for speaking engagements/presentations and provides review of materials written on behalf of the State Superintendent.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Public Policy, Political Science, Public Administration, or other similar field.
- A Master’s Degree or higher may be substituted for two years of experience as defined above.
- Additional experience as defined above may be substituted for the required education at a rate of one year for 30 semester credit hours.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Knowledge of Education programs and associated legislation and statute;
- Knowledge of State and national public school legislation;
- Demonstrable skills in legislative interpretation, analysis, and reporting;
- Skill in identifying problems & negotiating solutions;
- Skill in developing and presenting responses, remarks and talking points;
- Ability to analyze data & make sound decisions;
- Ability to meet established timelines;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of officials (both inside and outside the agency).
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|