Lead Information Technology Partner
Program Manager Senior II
|Department||MSDE - Office of Information Technology - History|
|Date Opened||8/26/2022 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$86,524.00 - $139,155.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 24
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Manages ITPs with their assigned business units and agency needs and works in partnership with key stakeholders to accomplish IT objectives per agreed upon strategy and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Provides leadership to ITPs in the development of agency-wide standards for all phases of information technology.
- Provides direction to ITPs and the Office Information of Technology on issues involving upgrading of systems and equipment, integration of existing systems with new systems, interdivisional coordination, and procurement of technology.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for holding other Agencies, Vendors, and external third parties to their OIT related SLAs.
- Identifies, articulates, and champions the strategic technology improvements that will enhance business performance and collaboratively define the IT capability roadmap.
- Leads strategy of modernization and provides initiative to improve end user experience, improve business efficiency, and decrease customer service lag-time.
- Supports successful execution of new technology solutions and capabilities in accordance with the defined SLA.
- Proactively identifies business capability and IT service gaps and contributes to improvement efforts.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of information technology project management, trends, technical requirements, and staged implementation.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of information technology systems management.
- Knowledge of a wide range of software, applications, and methods for evaluating and satisfying user requirements.
- Skill in identifying user needs, mitigating user problems, and implementing creative resolution.
- Skill in managing multiple tasks and interpreting, summarizing, and presenting information.
- Skill in directing projects and managing and leading staff.
- Skill analyzing and formulating feasible recommendations regarding technology solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive level staff, a variety of customers, and vendor representatives.
- Ability to develop and prepare technical specifications.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment in making decisions.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified.
Applicants must complete the MD State Government online application for employment -AND- submit their professional resume. The application and resume must clearly demonstrate that the applicant satisfies the minimum qualifications for the position. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.