Senior Executive Director, College and Career Pathways
Program Manager Sr III
|Department||MD State Department of Education|
|Date Opened||9/22/2022 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$96,496 - $155,248/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Manages the development and deployment of best-in-class, research-based support to Maryland’s local education agencies (LEAs) to implement highly effective, innovative school models and master schedules that support all students towards graduating college and career ready.
- Cultivates and manages partnerships and strategic relationships with employers and in demand industries, state agencies, institutions of higher education, community-based organizations, and professional associations.
- Designs and implements accountability and reporting systems to ensure curriculum, instruction, and assessment focus on student achievement.
- Works closely with industry partners, governmental entities, institutions of higher education, community-based organizations and other key stakeholders in the development and implementation of high-quality programs and initiatives.
- Oversees the collaboration with diverse communities to analyze and scale college and career access and completion strategies across the state.
- Directs the continuous improvement of statewide P-16 programs and initiatives that support college and career pathways.
- Oversees the development and coordination of college and career pathways established through the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future for all students, especially historically disadvantaged students.
- Oversees MSDE’s efforts to accelerate the growth of a robust apprenticeship program in every region to ensure students have access to high quality work-based learning experiences in high-skill, high-wage, in demand careers to achieve the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future’s goals.
- Conducts regular, statewide professional learning sessions to support local education agency capacity building and refine program implementation and instruction.
- Provides direct content specific leadership and oversight to support the P-16 integration and implementation of STEM education, and financial literacy.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) associations.
- Collaborates with MSDE’s Teaching and Learning offices/divisions to align and deploy best in class professional learning and support experiences.
- Provides fiscal accountability, reporting, and coordination for all programs and initiatives related to college and career pathways.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Share the belief that all Maryland students can achieve at high levels and are able to succeed in college or in careers.
- Critical skillsets needed for this position include a deep understanding of college and career readiness programs and initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of programs related to early/middle college, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement, dual credit, and career and technical education (CTE) pathways.
- Knowledge of culturally diverse and responsive education practices.
- Knowledge of college and career readiness pathways, standards, best in class trends, regulations, policies, and issues affecting student achievement, especially historically underserved students.
- Skills in professional learning and curriculum development, and in deploying best in class capacity building initiatives for school systems and educators.
- Track record of excellence in leading teams; establishing and maintaining collaborative and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including diverse communities; and achieving transformational outcomes for student achievement.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment, through the presentation of concise, comprehensive, and compelling data and research.
- Ability to lead and prioritize activities to satisfy program goals and objectives with urgency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|