PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR IV
IT Director, Enterprise Applications
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||10/3/2022 1:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$98,488.00 - $158,641.00/year|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Plan, direct and execute Enterprise Applications Development initiatives, projects, and tasks such that it fully supports MHBE’s mission and business requirements. This includes overseeing all components of applications development, not limited to the development and enhancements of MHBE’s Consumer Portal, Worker Portal, Mobile Apps, Salesforce CRM, and other ancillary IT systems and applications.
- Advise, support, coordinate, and execute with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in fulfilling the agency’s mission through various innovative IT initiatives, products, projects, policies, and operations.
- Establish overall standards, policies, and procedures for the enterprise application development function, implement industry best practices, recommend technology products and services, and execute agency enterprise application development objectives.
- Participate in and/or represent the CIO on behalf of the agency before federal, State, and local officials, stakeholders and partners, various committees, senior managers, and executives of MHBE and other organizations concerning the enterprise IT strategy of MHBE, technology support for MHBE consumers and stakeholders.
- Provide expert guidance and expertise in IT governance initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Directors of IT Requirements, Quality, Infrastructure, System Operations, Security, and the Project Management Office (PMO) in providing expert recommendations and support for seeking federal and state funding, formulating IT policies, implementing innovative IT solutions, ensuring robust security and disaster recovery measures, providing training to IT staff, and developing IT budgets.
- Liaison with external agencies in recommending and implementing IT standards and/or guidelines for the integrated systems, software, and applications to ensure compatibility, maintainability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Liaison with MHBE HR, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Plan Management, Operations, and other internal and external departments on behalf of the CIO in coordinating and executing various special project initiatives.
- Plan, coordinate, oversee and manage the personnel and financial resources of the Enterprise Applications function.
- Liaison with MHBE IT Security, Procurement, PMO, and external agencies and vendors/service providers in effectively procuring software technologies and services in line with IT organizational vision.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in IT leadership role overseeing technology modernization, digital transformation, enterprise applications management, business process reengineering, Infrastructure/Security, and quality assurance initiatives.
- Experience in developing and implementing IT governance and best practices for large enterprises.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic IT goals and policy planning for government agencies, non-profit organizations, health insurance companies, and/or healthcare companies.
- Experience directing a diverse team of State and consultant/contractual resources towards achieving targeted performances within allocated budgets.
- Experience in communicating technology strategy to large audiences, executives, senior management, and stakeholders with or without technical expertise.
- Experience with the budget, procurement processes, and vendor management functions for any government agencies.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost.
Click on this link for more details STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
- Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date)
- Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year
- Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year
- Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child
- Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year
- Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension
- 401(k) – State employees can contribute to a supplemental Retirement Plan