ADMINISTRATOR III (SPECIAL APPOINTMENT)
MARKETING COORDINATOR - WRITER
|Department||COMM- Marketing & Communications|
|Date Opened||4/12/2022 11:29:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/27/2022 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,822.00 - $89,738.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dolores Churn|
The Maryland Department of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Marketing Coordinator – Writer within the Division Marketing, Tourism, & The Arts Office of Marketing. This position is part of a full-service marketing team that oversees the state’s business advertising campaign, tradeshows and special events, email marketing, the website and social media channels.
This is a Special Appointment position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
It is important to complete the Supplemental Questions as part of the application process.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Position duties consist of handling many high-level, high-quality writing assignments that are distributed to C-level business executives to include the following: target industry brochures, ad copy, advertorials, tradeshow display content, web copy, social media posts, marketing plans, the Department’s Annual Report, direct mail, blog content and other various marketing collateral. Incumbent will produce content on various tech industry sectors, Maryland’s business landscape, the state’s strengths and business advantages. Incumbent gathers research on various topics and distills it down to dynamic, persuasive, reader-friendly content. Position helps develop content strategy to promote Maryland as a great place to do business that may include creating special monthly themes around particular industry sectors and developing the promotional content in addition to developing business attraction advertising copy for a wide variety of platforms; works closely with the designers and the clients to ensure a quality product; manages the print collateral and oversee the maintenance of the inventory. Some statewide travel.
Selected candidate must possess excellent written, oral communications and presentation skills. The ability work with clients to ensure quality product; research and industry teams to develop marketing content for why Maryland is a great place to do business; and write effectively for print and spoken word using various writing styles. The ability to handle multiple, concurrent and high priority tasks,
Experience: Nine (9) years of experience in related administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing or a related field from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of experience in marketing or related professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher-ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1) 5 years of experience in media relations, marketing, communications or journalism
2) 3 years of direct experience in communications to include writing, editing, research and project management
3) Experience with content development.
4) Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Word, and/or other relevant software, and knowledge of search engines.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Some Statewide travel is required.
Employees in this position may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employee assigned such duties will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300.
You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach a resume along with the supplemental questionnaire to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application, resume, and supplemental questionnaire (by closing date) to: email@example.com
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: MARKETING COORDINATOR - WRITER
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258