Administrative Specialist III
|Department||MSDE Office of School and Community Nutrition|
|Date Opened||3/6/2023 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26.00 - $31.96/hour|
|HR Analyst||Holly Winchester|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 12
LOCATION OF POSITION
Nancy S. Grasmick Education Building
200 W. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
This contractual position reports to the Office of School and Community Nutrition Programs (OSCNP) Management Associate and provides broad-based administrative support to all six Sections of the OSCNP to include event planning, document management, resource management, communications and general technical assistance to internal and external Agencies.
- Collaborating with Management Associate and OSCNP staff as directed
- Performing administrative work using independent judgement and analysis
- Interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with MSDE and OSCNP policies
- Developing solutions and alternatives to administrative problems and the resolution of administrative issues
- Coordinating implementation of events and meetings for the Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) administered by the OSCNP
- Coordinating document management for the office
- Coordinating required logistics for successful CNP trainings
- Providing and coordinating effective internal communications for efficient business operations
- Providing exceptional customer support
- Providing technical assistance to recipients of electronically transmitted correspondence
- Researching and compiling data
- Coordinating written and electronic communications
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in performing clerical, clerical technical, or secretarial work.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- One year of advanced proficiency experience in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically in Excel and Word)
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience planning and coordinating professional events
- Experience analyzing and interpreting State, Federal or Government rules and regulations
- Experience preparing written correspondences
- Experience providing exceptional customer service and/or technical support
- Experience with document management (filing, scanning, cataloging)
Applicants are subject to a criminal background investigation in accordance with the federal Family Law Article, Section 5.5.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. The resulting list of eligible candidates will be in effect for at least one year.
Note: This is a Contractual Position
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12-month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0012, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.