ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I (2711) grade 13
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||11/21/2022 10:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,804.00 - $71,124.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tameria Hammock|
Introduction: The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System is a multi-employer, public employees’ benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with additional plan components, covering approximately 193,000 active members and more than 170,000 retires and beneficiaries.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Establishes and maintains complete files on all disability retirement claims at various stages of the review process. Analyzes and organizes each claim for proper medical and administrative documentation.
- Provides a summary of critical information to the attorneys handling claims.
- Completes follow up actions recommended by the attorneys related to the collection of additional information and or organization/presentation of the claim file.
- Communicates with parties (claimants, attorneys, doctors, and/or employers) to gather needed information.
- Schedules claims for review by one of the Retirement Agency’s medical boards of doctors.
- Prepares claim appeals for transmittal to the Office of Administrative Hearings.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
DBM Recruitment & Examination Department
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.