MAINTENANCE CHIEF II
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||5/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.29 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Completes daily work orders for repairs and maintenance, including but not limited to, plumbing, carpentry, painting, construction projects and various maintenance repair requests. Adjusts, maintains and makes minor repairs to HVAC equipment and other modern electronic control devices on building automation systems. Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment repairs.
- Provide daily janitorial services within assigned buildings to include cleaning floors, fixtures, disinfecting surfaces, trash removal, restocking supplies, etc. Perform routine deep cleaning of building as scheduled to include polishing floors, steam cleaning carpets, window cleaning, cleaning air vents, etc.
- Perform seasonal outdoor maintenance services such as grass cutting, snow removal, plant trimming, etc. as needed. Operates state vehicles, tractors and/or other snow removal, lawn cutting and trimming machinery and equipment. Maintain and make minor repairs to outdoor roadways, parking lots and walkways. Remove ice and snow from parking lots and walkways. Remove trash, leaves and other debris from outdoor areas, including gutters, window wells and storm drains as assigned.
- Operates manual, electric and gas powered tools and equipment.
- Maintain work areas in a safe, sanitary, and secure manner.
- Contribute to preparation of project justifications and scope of work for construction/renovation projects.
- Responds to emergencies while fulfilling the on-call duties.
Experience: Three years of experience in building maintenance, including two years of responsibility for assigning, reviewing and approving the work of other building maintenance workers.
Employees in this classification may be required to work weekends and holidays, based on staffing needs. Employees required to work on those days will receive compensatory time off on other days.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999 or 443-326-5570 firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.