EXECUTIVE OFFICE MANAGER **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||10/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/24/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$22.26 - $27.68/hour|
|HR Analyst||Latosha Keene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Answering calls for the main MDH phone line
- Transferring calls to Units/Offices throughout MDH
- Providing assistance to constituents and referrals to Constituent Services when necessary
- Managing the MDH Voice Response System for MDH’s main telephone lines by updating voice prompts and periodically reassessing prompts to ensure updated and accurate information is provided to the public
- Providing timely and accurate responses to questions via MDH website chat system, Chaport
- Investigating constituent complaints and issues further if appropriate to address the constituent’s concern
- Inserting case into MDH adopted CRM system, Intranet Quorum (IQ)
- Performing follow up with relevant offices to answer a constituent’s concerns
- Managing the electronic correspondence from MDH’s general email inbox, email@example.com
- Managing and coordinating response to the Governor’s Office voicemails and inquiries originating via the MDH website, Contact Us form
- Determining proper course of action using best judgement and gained knowledge after personally reviewing all correspondence
- Assuring inquiries are forwarded and answered by appropriate MDH staff in a timely and accurate manner. Conduct follow up with internal staff to ensure constituent satisfaction
- Managing the Governor’s Customer Service Survey submissions, conducting appropriate constituent follow up, by phone and email, with related casework, as necessary
- Scheduling for the Assistant Secretary of Customer Experience, Director and Deputy Director of the Office of Constituent Services (OCS), and Director of Stakeholder Engagement and Special Programs
- Provide administrative support to the Director and Deputy Director of OCS
- Special Projects:
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive and up to date MDH Directory
- Providing feedback and audit findings of the MDH website and identifying feedback to IT on broken links and suggestions for greater clarity on the website for constituents
- Submitting work orders for Executive floor issues
- Opens, sorts, reads and distributes incoming correspondence Manages all aspects of archival of records for Office of the Secretary, both in-house, and those records to be remanded to the Maryland State Archives
- Greeting and providing guidance to Executive guests
- Manages the coordination with Central Services, Department of General Services and Capitol Police, and MDH Office of Information Technology (OIT) for oversight and updates to Visitor Protocol for MHD Headquarters
- Guiding guests to appropriate conference rooms
- Alerting staff of Executive guests
- Develops and recommends Executive Office visitor protocol
- Work closely with the Executive Assistants to the Secretary and Deputy Secretary’s regarding conference room scheduling
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Customer service experience;
- Experience with online web chat service;
- Experience with Google Suite;
- CRM (Customer/Constituent Relationship Management) experience.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.