*Repost* Agency Grants Specialist Trainee
|MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development
|10/24/2022 4:00:00 PM
|2/24/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$44,804.00 - $57,741.00/year with growth potential to $71,124.00/year
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Manage a uniformed invoice verification process to be used as a tracking mechanism for state and federal dollars awarded as grants issued from the Division of Early Childhood Development that will maintain and monitor timely processing of invoices, including periodic tracking of balances on documents.
- Independently provides timely, accurate and substantive assistance to DECD in terms of providing logistical support: 1) Monitors the financial procedures impacting the Division of Early Childhood Development for all grants including solicitation of RFP’s and Task Orders and review and desk monitoring of fiscal information for all grants. 2) Determines program needs for funding and recommends strategies for meeting program objectives and implementation plans; provides professional development to program managers regarding documents and use of finances. 3) Coordination of annual grants; responds and researches inquiries from MSDE staff and the public.
- Develops and implements office procedures and processes for overall effective operations: Evaluates program effectiveness of use of funds in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations and program goals by monitoring expenditures; prepares statistical data to track funding and spending.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- 1-year Proficient Excel Experience
- Experience using computer software to track data regarding financial expenditure
- Experience with Google suite
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year. The selected candidate will be subject to a criminal history background check as the final step in the selection process.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the
applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0019 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.