MPT Associate Producer / Editor (MotorWeek) - REPOST
|MPT - Content Enterprises
|11/9/2022 12:00:00 PM
|3/2/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$23.00 - $30.00/hour
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Act as video editor and occasional segment producer for the MotorWeek series using the Avid computerized non-linear editing suite of products. Import and organize video, audio and graphics in to manageable bins of elements with which to work. Select and decide which elements should be used to best visualize the concepts of the segment script. Edit the elements into a sequence to create element reels, opening title animations, promos, segments or entire shows. Save all project information for archival purposes. Provide file-based versions along with tape or disk outputs. Meet all PBS/FCC specifications. Edit numerous feature-length segments weekly, compile host stand-ups, new stories, and other segments as assigned. Develop story ideas and script treatments and foster a continuous expansion of the creative boundaries of the MotorWeek production.
- Research, locate and obtain video, photographs, and other media assets from outside sources including internet download and vehicle manufacturer press archives. Assist in organizing and maintaining MotorWeek’s video archive and production music library.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of the assigned edit suite of equipment. This includes cleaning files off of media drives, checking and installing updates, and patches and doing system backups. This must also give feedback to their supervisor of any equipment malfunctions so that repairs can be implemented.
- Completion of work orders, timesheets, checking email and schedules to stay informed and up to date with clients and teammates. This includes interaction with producers and occasionally equipment vendors. Participation ibn team meetings is greatly encouraged.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
● Applicants are strongly encouraged to include links to online samples of their editing work. Email the requested information to: email@example.com by the closing date and time, and include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number to ensure timely processing.
During the second interview process, each candidate will take an
The incumbent will be required to work the second shift (2 PM – 11