TACTICAL ASSISTANT TEAM NURSE
|Department||MDH Deputy Secretary for Operations|
|Date Opened||1/7/2022 2:11:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Follows tentative deployment schedule for their respective facilities TAT evaluations and operational support of SNFs and ALFs;
- Reports critical findings via Nurse managers;
- Provides oversight of other TAT members;
- Assists clinical staff in interpreting MDH and CDC guidance to assist Maryland’s congregate living facilities in preventing and managing COVID-19 outbreaks;
- Manages-regulatory COVID-19 CCG clinical operations with specific focus on SNFs and ALFs throughout Maryland; and,
- Reviews, completes, and follows TAT facility assessments, disposition and follow-up with facilities, and required communication with LHD/MDH COVID-19 teams.
- Provide administrative support in the documentation of current and revised processes and procedures;
- Research and report on requested topics supportive to the program;
- Assist with additional evolving projects that may include outreach, data collection, research, travel, consolidation, and/or process improvement or quality improvement initiatives;
- Support the ongoing training and evaluation of TAT nurses for enhanced quality of staff understanding and role execution; and,
- Provide collaborative support, team resources assessment and enhancement.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Expertise in infection control practices at long-term care facilities- PPE usage, hand hygiene, cohorting, isolation and quarantine restrictions;
- Experience using transmission-based precautions in clinical practice, specifically for COVID-19 infections;
- Clinical practice at a nursing home during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Proficiency in Google suite applications;
- Experience providing educational presentations/skills trainings to other staff, both at the leadership level and employees; and,
- Proficiency to efficiently and effectively manage work at multiple facilities during the workday.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.