MSD School Administrator
Director of IEP and Student Support
|Department||MD School for Deaf - Frederick - Educational Svc.|
|Salary||$51,496.00 - $161,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Sharde Twyman|
Maryland School for the Deaf (MSD) is a diverse, bilingual community that, in partnership with families, provides an equitable and exemplary education in a nurturing, engaging, and challenging environment to ensure our students achieve personal excellence and become lifelong learners. As such, we are looking for dedicated individuals who can join us in the education of the children at MSD.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants must be willing to work at both the Columbia and Frederick Campuses:
Columbia Campus, 8169 Old Montgomery Road, Ellicott City, MD 21043
Frederick Campus, 101 Clarke Place, Frederick, MD 21705
Main Purpose of Job
This position serves to support upper level management at Maryland School for the Deaf. This Director is a dynamic, experienced leader who oversees the continuum of programs and services that are provided to meet the varying needs of MSD students. This department includes the IEP Office, Mental Health Team, Behavior Support Team, Related Service providers, Secondary Transition services, Enhanced Services and their supervisors. This Director will achieve defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services in compliance with established MSDE guidelines. This Director will serve on the leadership and management team in order to facilitate collaboration in managing the multiple special service programs within MSD’s educational program. This position will provide information, direction, training and implementation of special services processes, serving as a resource to others. The Director of Student Services will report directly to the Superintendent and serve as a support to the Campus Principals and Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
Budget and Inventory
Communication and Community Relations
Education: A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with evidence of courses in the areas of administration and/or supervision, special education, psychology, and/or related field.
● A minimum of five years administrative experience in special education
● Work experience as a specialist service provider is preferred
● Knowledge of IDEA regulations and State Special Education Rules
● Knowledge of Individualized Educational Plan
● Understanding of the individual needs of special needs students
● Ability to communicate with all levels of special needs students and their parents
● Ability to implement policy and procedures
● Ability to interpret data
● Ability to manage budget and personnel
● Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
● Ability to organize and attend to detail
● Skills in negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution
● Ability to develop a strong, collaborative team
● Knowledge of the Deaf Community and proficiency in American Sign Language
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Courses beyond the Master’s level are preferred. MSDE Administration Certification preferred.
New hires are subject to a criminal background investigation at their own expense. (Maryland Code, Family Law Article 1, Sections 5-560-568.)
Candidates will need to provide three letters of recommendation.