HSCRC CHIEF I *REPOST*
|Department||MDH Health Services Cost Review Commission|
|Date Opened||11/17/2022 1:56:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/19/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,596.00 - $119,591.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission seeks a project manager to drive research, development and policy analysis efforts related to pay for performance programs that evaluate hospital quality of care, as well as hospital and statewide efforts to improve population health. This position requires skill in policy research, stakeholder communications, and development and management of project scopes, deliverables and timelines. Additionally, the project manager will participate in quantitative analytic work related to program development and management. This is an opportunity to shape healthcare policies that impact millions of Maryland residents and inform the national dialogue on healthcare policy.
This position will primarily be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining programs that measure population health and hospital performance for inclusion in payment methodologies. Conduct of these analyses requires skill in policy research, communicating with stakeholders and external contractors, developing project timelines, identifying potential bottlenecks, and ensuring deliverables are complete, accurate and timely.
- Implementing and disseminating statistical analyses using claims and other data sources to measure hospital and state performance on population health measures and other quality programs. This activity requires familiarity with statistical models and statistical software, specifically Stata (preferred), SAS or R, as well as the ability to communicate statistical concepts and results in plain language.
- Representing the Commission as a member of hospital industry and Commission task forces or work groups related to population health and hospital quality methodologies.
- Presenting policy analysis and program results to key stakeholders in a way that creates buy-in.
- Assisting senior staff with ad hoc projects as needed
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority. A cover letter and resume must accompany your application. Please upload your cover letter and resume in the same document under the resume section.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|