Bilingual Outreach Staffer
MIA OFFICER I
|Department||Maryland Insurance Administration|
|Date Opened||1/6/2022 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,166 - $50,768/year with potential progression to $63,511/year|
|HR Analyst||Lynn Hill|
The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) is an independent State agency that regulates Maryland’s insurance industry and protects consumers by monitoring and enforcing insurers’ and insurance professionals’ compliance with State law. Through the diligence of a highly professional staff of market analysts, financial analysts, accountants, lawyers, law enforcement officers, actuaries, complaint investigators, and others, the MIA works to facilitate a strong and competitive insurance marketplace where consumers are well informed and treated fairly. Staff members are subject matter experts who serve as a resource for lawmakers, consumers, and other public and private entities.
The MIA is charged with a broad range of responsibilities including the licensure of insurance carriers and insurance producers (brokers/agents) operating in Maryland, the conduct of financial examinations of companies to monitor financial solvency, and the review and approval of rates and contract forms. The MIA investigates reports of consumer fraud and consumer complaints about life, health, automobile, homeowners, and/or property insurance. Insurance carriers are subject to market conduct examinations and other actions to monitor compliance with Maryland law. The MIA also has a unit dedicated to consumer education and outreach, which participates in hundreds of events and reaches thousands of individual consumers annually.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six months experience performing marketing or outreach related functions, and the ability to fluently speak, read, and write in English and Spanish.
1. A high School diploma or GED, and two years of experience in the insurance industry as an agent, customer service representative, claims adjuster, underwriter, or related experience and the ability to fluently speak, read, and write in English and Spanish may substitute for the minimum requirements.
2. Two years and six (6) months of experience performing marketing or outreach related functions, and the ability to fluently speak, read, and write in English and Spanish for the required education may substitute for the for the education requirement.
3. A high School diploma or GED, and two years of experience working at the Maryland Insurance Administration in a position that requires knowledge, understanding, and interpretation of Maryland insurance laws and the ability to fluently speak, read, and write in English and Spanish may substitute for the minimum requirements.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For immediate consideration, upload one WORD or PDF file, at the "Resume" tab, that contains:
1. a cover letter stating your interest and specific salary requirements; and
2. a current professional resume.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit via mail. Please be sure to include all documents that are listed above, to ensure timely processing.
Complete application packets may be mailed to:
Maryland Insurance Administration Human Resources - Recruitment#: 22-009637-0001
200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700 Baltimore, MD 21202
Incomplete submission will not receive consideration.