CHIEF FINANCIAL ANALYST
|Department||Maryland Insurance Administration|
|Date Opened||11/16/2022 2:35:00 PM|
|Salary||$125,631.00- $155,248.00/year (Salary Guidelines Apply)|
|HR Analyst||Carla Harrison|
LOCATION OF POSITION
esearches and develops accounting, financial, regulatory and analysis policies and procedures; identifies significant issues and solvency risk areas and potential troubled companies; and develops recommended MIA course of action. This position provides direct supervision of Assistant Chief Financial Analyst staff and indirect supervision of Financial Analyst I (entry level) through Senior Financial Analyst (lead level) staff.
Education: Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience with a state insurance department, public accounting firm or similar audit entity, or another entity in a financial or audit-related area; and four of those years must be in an in-charge or supervisory capacity.
Licenses, Registrations and Certification: Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Financial Examiner (CFE) designation required.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong writing skills. Ability to draw sound conclusions and prepare written documentation.
- Strong Excel skills and ability to pull together ad-hoc reports pulling information from multiple sources.
- Ability to research and apply applicable laws and regulations.
- Prior experience in the insurance industry or the regulation of the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP).
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|