SOCIAL SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR IV
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||3/13/2023 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,802.00 - $95,450/year with potential growth to $105,072.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
The Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state’s primary social service provider, serving over one million Marylanders annually. The Department, through its 24 local departments of social services, aggressively pursues opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide preventive services, and protect vulnerable children and adults in each of Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City. DHS works in every community in Maryland to positively impact the lives of Marylanders.
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore, MD. 21213
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Master’s degree in social work from an accredited college or university approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
Experience: Seven years of professional experience in a social work capacity in a public or private agency or institution, five years must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article 4-204 of the Annotated Code of Maryland and the Maryland Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, does not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties are required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
· Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
· Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
· Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
· Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
· Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
· Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Baltimore City Department of Social Services, Employment Services, 1910 N. Broadway, Baltimore MD. 21213.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please email Joyce Carter at email@example.com.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-0603 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|