Peer Recovery Specialist I, Certified
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||11/21/2023 07:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/5/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,112.00 - $47,598.00 (with potential grown to $58,513.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
This is a peer to peer support position. The candidate should be in recovery from alcohol and/or drugs for a minimum of 2 years.
75% Provide peer recovery support services to clients (adults and youth) with substance use disorders, mental health disorders, and/or co-occurring disorders to begin and maintain a path to recovery. Recovery support activities will be at the Howard County Health Department, the Howard County General Hospital and Howard County Public School System as well as other potential settings such as the Howard County Detention Center, Howard County Wellness and Recovery Center/O.O.O., and other outreach locations.
- Learn to provide peer recovery support services to clients diagnosed with or identifying as having substance use disorders, mental health disorders, and /or co-occurring disorders.
- Learn to advocate for clients by speaking on personal experiences regarding substance use, mental health disorders or co-occurring experiences.
- Learn to meet with clinical staff and other treatment team members to support clients by providing input into developing a recovery plan and determining the steps to reduce barriers to recovery and their recovery goals.
- Learn to discuss the recovery plan with clients in recovery and their families.
- Learn to determine recovery support needs and refer individuals and families to the appropriate community resources.
- Learn to complete and submit the required forms, reports and, and data entry required by the Health Department and partner agencies, and the Behavioral Health Administration.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with knowledge of Harm Reduction Principals and Practice
- Experience linking and referring individuals to behavioral health resources in Howard County
- Experience working with Spreadsheets, Data Tracking and Reporting
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|