MENTAL HEALTH GRADUATE PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR
|Department||DJS Backbone Youth Center|
|Date Opened||11/7/2023 4:03:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/11/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,095.00 - $91,742.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Behavioral Health Services – Backbone Mountain Youth Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide individual, family, and group therapeutic counseling to assigned youth, including leading Seven Challenges groups, TAMAR-Y, DBT, and other assigned groups to address behavioral health issues including social adjustment as indicated through the development of the youth’s individual Treatment Service Plan (TSP);
- Provide Crisis and On-Call Services for Behavioral Health Emergencies both on and off-site working in rotation with other licensed clinicians to provide emergency coverage;
- Work as a leader, consultant, and/or member of a multi-disciplinary healthcare team to assist the team’s understanding of social and emotional factors underlying the juveniles' involvement with DJS and the implementation of the Behavior Motivation Program.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists under the requirements for Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC).
Note: These requirements are established by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.01.09, a candidate placed in this classification must be licensed as a Graduate Professional Counselor by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists.
2. Employees certified as a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC) may practice graduate professional counseling for 2 years under the supervision of an approved supervisor. As required by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists, these employees must possess certification as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) by the end of this 2 year period.
3. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last four digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at . Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|