ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING CI
Chief Compliance Officer
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||4/8/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/6/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$95,798.00 - $154,319.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Undreia Ford|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Vaccine Requirement: Per the emergency regulation issued by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (86 FR 61555), and as permitted to go into effect by the U.S. Supreme Court on January 13, 2022, all staff of the MDH Healthcare System facilities required to show proof of first dose or single dose of COVID-19 vaccination 14 days after start date of employment. Staff includes, but is not limited to, regular and contractual employees, contractual staff, volunteers, and other state employees performing any duties at the facility. All staff are required to complete the full shot regimen, including any booster shot, as clinically indicated in order to satisfy this requirement. Candidates with an approved medical or religious reason for vaccination exemption must provide proof of exemption prior to appointment.
Education: A Master's degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a psychiatric setting including two years in a supervisory, consultative, teaching or administrative capacity.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university and six years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a psychiatric setting including four years in a supervisory, consultative, teaching or administrative capacity for the required education and experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Joint Commission/CMS Survey Processes and drafting Plans of Correction.
- Experience with designing proactive and effective quality and safety monitoring processes.
- Experience with Culture of Safety requirements and educating and training employees on quality and performance improvement processes,
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.