Housekeeping Supervisor I
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Headquarters|
|Date Opened||1/19/2023 2:12:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,353.00 - $45,776.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jerrianne Mccain|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Performing all supervisory responsibilities for housekeeping employees
- Planning and assigning work areas and inspecting those areas to ensure that the duties (e.g., vacuuming, shampooing carpets, cleaning windows, cleaning furniture, and bathrooms) have been performed
- Performing inventory operations and maintaining a budget with regard to linens, cleaning supplies, and equipment items
- Scheduling major housekeeping projects for large conferences and overseeing the responsibilities of the custodial training program in the absence of the instructor
- Requisitioning necessary supplies for housekeeping duties
- Picking-up soiled linens, delivering clean linens, and the disposing of medical waste in accordance with law and policies
- Maintaining material safety data sheets on various cleaning agents to ensure compliance with both OSHA and CARF standards
- Schedule work in various training areas, headquarters, and the Workforce and Technology Center so that normal operations of the areas are not interrupted
- Scheduling and supervising special cleaning activities and prepare for large conferences outside of the normal work hours
- Providing on-the-job training and guidance to all housekeepers regarding cleaning techniques, linen operations, and general safety practices
Experience: Four years of experience performing housekeeping activities in a State facility or other public building.
Experience: Four years of full-time experience as a housekeeper in a school, hospital, hotel, or other institution, to include one year of supervisory experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to use a standard calculator.
- Supervisory experience.
Candidates must consent to State Police Investigation (fingerprints) as a routine procedure for all employees with this Agency.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If theapplicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391, TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.