AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE CONSERVATION SPECIALIST III
Agricultural Assessment Planner - Eastern Shore
|MDA Resource Cnsrv - Resource Conservation Ops
|10/23/2023 11:50:00 AM
|$57,095.00 - $91,742.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Inventory and evaluation for cooperators/landowners, practices to reduce soil erosion, improve water quality and reduce the potential for discharge, by performing on site evaluations, gathering field information and resource data to identify needs and resource priorities.
- Develops new or revises various types of existing conservation plans, including comprehensive nutrient management plans (CNMPs), for the cooperator that meets their farming operation needs and priorities and protects or improves the resources on the farm.
- Manages, prepares and/or delivers plans that are consistent with the priorities of the local soil conservation districts, MDA and its partners, and documents progress using established progress reporting and tracking systems.
- Provides community education and outreach to existing and prospective AFO cooperators.
- Trains and coordinates the work of existing planners within the local SCD office on the preparation of various types of conservation plans, including comprehensive nutrient management plans, required for compliance with the State of Maryland General Discharge Permit for Animal Feeding Operations.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field.
Experience: Two years of experience in planning, engineering or program administration work related to soil conservation or water quality.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, and biological sciences, including 3 credit hours in soils, and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field for the required education and one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field, and one year of experience in soil and water conservation for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience in soil and water conservation for the required education.
5. Candidates may substitute planning, engineering or program administration experience in a soil conservation, water quality protection or related agricultural or natural resource program on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in natural resources management and biological science classification or natural resources management and biological science specialty codes in the soil conservation field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- GIS/AutoCAD experience
- District Soil Conservation experience
- Working Knowledge & Experience in the poultry industry
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in certain positions in this classification may be required to become Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Certified Conservation Planners (USDA/NRCS-General Manual, Title 180, Part 409).
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
|This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.
|Apply via Paper Application.
|You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.