PAROLE AND PROBATION FIELD SUPERVISOR I
|Department||DPSCS DPP East Region|
|Date Opened||11/16/2023 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Wayne Davis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Centreville, MD 2161
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university, with 30 semester credit hours in the social, behavioral, or correctional sciences.
Experience: Four years of experience supervising persons on parole or probation, or investigating parole and/or probation matters, or administrative experience in parole and probation programs, or training parole and probation agents.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of specialized experience counseling, investigating, or supervising persons on parole and probation for the specialized 30 credit hours in the social, behavioral, or correctional sciences.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate level education in the social, behavioral, or correctional sciences on a year-for-year basis for up to one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military services experience as a commissioned officer in social work or correctional counseling classifications or specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at the rate of two years of military experience for one year of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Candidates must meet all selection standards as set forth in the Code of Maryland Regulations by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission. Candidates who receive a probationary appointment must satisfactorily complete a prescribed training program prior to permanent appointment. Selection standards of the Correctional Training Commission may be obtained from the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, Suite 309, 6776 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore Maryland 21215.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.