*REPOST* CHILD CARE LICENSING REGIONAL MANAGER MSDE
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood|
|Date Opened||11/17/2023 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$78,749.00 - $126,912.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-Stokes|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
**REPOST-PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY**
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Ensures that appropriate business processes are used in the licensure of childcare centers, the registration of family day care homes, the issuance of Letters of Compliance to certain religious programs, and the approval of nonpublic nursery schools, by reviewing and analyzing automated systems’ data (CCATS and ELIS) and making final approvals of all regional office regulatory activity.
- Recommends enforcement actions relative to non-compliant childcare providers and the employability of facility staff to protect the health, safety, and welfare of children in out-of-home care in accordance with COMAR 13A.15, 13A.16, and 13A.17.
- Supervises and evaluates performance of subordinates to positively communicate information to employees for ongoing performance management purposes by conducting staff meetings, reviewing CCATS and ELIS reports and using PEP evaluation standards and forms.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in child development, education, social work or psychology from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience inspecting, licensing and monitoring child care centers, family day care homes and non-public nursery schools.
1. An Associate of Arts degree in early childhood development, teacher education, sociology or psychology and two years work experience inspecting, licensing and monitoring child care centers, family day care homes and non-public nursery schools may be substituted for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute graduate education in a Child Development curriculum at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0019, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|