SENIOR TAX ATTORNEY I
Revenue Administration Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||8/18/2023 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carole Feldkamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Possession of a Juris Doctor or equivalent degree from an accredited school of law.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in judge advocate classification or judge advocate specialty codes in the tax law specialist field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in tax and/or accounting.
- Experience with government law and administrative law.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- LLM/Masters in Taxation
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Admission to the Bar of a US State or Territory or the District of Columbia.
- Admission to the Maryland Bar within six (6) months of employment.
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Maryland Court of Appeals upon admission to the Maryland Bar.
- Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Please contact Stanley Harris at email@example.com if you need reasonable accommodations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|