RETIREMENT BENEFITS SPECIALIST ADVANCED/LEAD
Member Services & Counseling Correspondences Unit
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||11/7/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,801.00 - $97,940.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency (“Agency”) is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System (“System”). The System is a defined benefit pension plan covering governmental employees within the State of Maryland. The System has over 400,000 participants (customers),including 192,000 members who are actively employed and enrolled, 170,000 payees who receive a monthly retirement benefit payment, and 40,000 vested members who are no longer actively employed but who have earned a benefit that will become payable at a future date. The agency is seeking to fill a Retirement Benefits Specialist Advanced position within its Member Services Unit.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Seven years of experience counseling employees or responding to inquiries in a call center relative to pension benefits and options available under a State, federal or local retirement and pension system.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience counseling employees or responding to inquiries in a call center relative to pension benefits and options available under a State, federal or local retirement and pension system for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Maryland Retirement Coordinator certification issued by the Maryland State Retirement Agency, 120 E. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration or Public Administration from an accredited college or university for five years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Financial Management classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting and Budget field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties shall be required to possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain a Notary Public commission valid in the State of Maryland.