OFFICE SECRETARY I
|DPSCS-Roxbury Correctional Institution
|9/15/2023 11:59:00 PM
|12/1/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$35,041.00 - $54,973.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assemble and complete reports for Case Managers, post information in OCMS.
- Interpret Detainers that are initiated by the Commitment office. Process legal forms for Fast and Speedy trials when needed.
- Process newly arrived inmate basefiles in accordance with DCD 100-203. Appendix 1.
- Process Security Reclassification Instruments, Reassignments, Restoration of Good Conduct Credits and Authority Moves, Notify appropriate Institutional departments. Document results in OCMS.
- Check daily Institutional change sheet for any released or new inmates entering the institutional and report and discrepancies.
- Process basefiles of the inmates who have been released from the institution.
- Certified to maintain and update various screens on OCMS as needed.
- Handle all filing of inmate correspondence and documents in inmate's basefile.
- Request re-incarcerated inmate's basefile from other DPSCS institutions.
- Prepare monthly Security Reclassification Instruments Notifications Distribute to inmates.
- Respond to inquiries from other Departments/Institutions requesting copies of information (i.e. Commitments, Pre-Sentence Investigations, State Version, Statement of Charges and Adjustment Tickets).
- Process passes as needed for Case Managers groups.
- Process approved Inmate Requests for Name Change.
- Assist Office Secretary III with daily process of Transfers mandated by Headquarters. Prepare basefiles and proper paperwork.
- Review Adjustment Tickets. Notify Commitment Office of any reductions in sanction by Warden.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services Specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999. Emily Eubanks email@example.com
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.