OFFICE SECRETARY II
|Department||DHS - Anne Arundel County DSS|
|Date Opened||11/15/2023 2:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,112.00 - $58,513.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dontia Walker|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides clerical duties for the Resource Unit in order to ensure the unit delivers a high quality service in recruitment, facilitate training and retention of foster and adoptive families as well as the appropriate placement of children requiring out of home care by contacting providers, organizations and creating materials for PRIDE and continuing education.
- Assists with Adult Protective Services paperwork to prepare for the Board of Directors Adult Public Guardianship meetings. Provides backup receptionist duties.
- Initiates clearances, criminal background checks, MVA and SOR checks for prospective foster/adoptive families and maintains clearances as part of the retention process.
- Daily prepares typed, proofread document using various tools and CHESSIE to provide assistance to the unit staff to assure continuity of workflow, timely reporting and to meet local, State and Federal program guidelines such as charts, assessments, memoranda, unit meeting agenda/minutes, statistical reports or other required materials.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.
- Positions may be eligible for telework.