OFFICE SECRETARY III
|DJS Educational Operations
|8/9/2023 3:00:00 PM
|12/12/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$39,421.00 - $62,297.00/year
At the Department of Juvenile Services, we believe in fostering a professional and friendly working
environment. It's where ideas thrive, collaborations spark, and excellence is
rewarded. Currently, we are seeking an Office Secretary III who can ensuring seamless administrative operations that align with
our values and mission.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Alfred D. Noyes Children’s Center
9925 Blackwell Road
Rockville, MD 20850
- Coordinating appointments and meetings, managing calendars for executives.
- Handling incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, memos, and faxes.
- Maintaining office supplies and equipment, ensuring that the office runs smoothly.
- Assisting with the preparation of documents, reports, and presentations.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients and visitors.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. At least one year experience performing secretarial duties for a senior level administrator or executive.
2. At least one year experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
3. Experience coordinating and planning meetings and event.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
6. Strong time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Crystal Wilson
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.