This is a position Specific Recruitment for the State Department of Assessments and Taxation, Real Property Division, Montgomery County Assessments Office. The resulting eligible list will be used for this position only. Interested persons will need to reapply for future recruitments in this classification.
If you have interviewed in the last six months for this position-please do not re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Montgomery County, Dept. of Assessments and Taxation
30 West Gude Drive, Suite 400
To perform various clerical functions in an assessment office which include, but are not limited to, reviewing, verifying, and interpreting information for determining and resolving problems.
Interacts with the general public both in person and by phone to respond to issues related to the assessment process, property values, general office procedures, personal property and homeowner's tax credit.
Inputs a variety of data to the mainframe to update and maintain real property files. Determines if input data is correct in accordance with policies and procedures before entering it.
Creates new accounts, determines if legal descriptions are correct and adjusts parent accounts to reflect new legal descriptions for split transfers, combination of accounts and plats by following established office procedures.
Types and sends a variety of forms, letters and reports in accordance with established office procedures.
Reviews, verifies, interprets and receives deeds and legal documents for changes of ownership and property description.
Determines from the deeds whether the correct property is being transferred by matching the legal description on the mainframe with legal description in the deed. Determines from the deed if the transfer is a whole transfer or a split account.
Files various materials to organized and retain assessment documents in accordance with established office procedures.
Performs other duties as may be required.
This job is mission essential and mission critical.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience using Microsoft Office and entering data into a database system.
2. Experience using a Multi-line phone system.
3. Experience working with the public via telephone and in person.
4. Experience performing mathematical computations including calculating percentages.
5. Must be conversational fluent in Vietnamese, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and/ or Korean.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Must be willing to work in Montgomery County.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Assessments and Taxation, Office of Human Resources Division, 300 W. Preston St., Room 511, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5pm in our office on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Assessments and Taxation at 410-767-1140, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.