Election Program Supervisor I
|SBE General Administration
|11/21/2023 2:05:00 PM
|12/5/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$53,627.00 - $85,951.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of specialized clerical experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office. Specialized clerical experience is defined as work in an office which requires reviewing, verifying and interpreting information in order to make determinations and resolve work problems in accordance with policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of general clerical experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university for one year of experience, for up to two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute additional experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience communicating effectively in a professional environment.
2. Experience reviewing MOUs and rental agreements.
3. Experience completing polling place plans and ADA surveys in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
3.Experience developing and updating disaster recovery plans.
4.Supervisory experience in the private or public sector.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d), Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.