Election Program Manager II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||1/30/2023 2:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/13/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shermaine Malcolm|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of specialized clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office. Specialized clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience is defined as work in an office which requires reviewing, verifying and interpreting information in order to make determinations and resolve work problems in accordance with policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of general clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office. General clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience is defined as work performing a variety of duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, inputting data, general computer skills, and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience using MDVOTERS to manage a local or statewide Petition, including setup, processing and certification; Using MDVOTERS to process and review Multiple Status Voters.
2. Experience using Enterprise One to compensate Per Diem election staff; Reimburse staff for regular business expenses, and to create weekly expenses and encumbrance budget reports.
3. Experience managing a Procurement Card program with multiple card holders.
4. Experience using E-Time to complete temporary payroll.
5. Experience working in an Election Office during a Primary and General Election and managing processes and projects that may affect the office as a whole such as Canvassing Mail-in Ballots.
6. Experience managing the candidate filing process for local and state elections.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d), Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may not hold any public office or party office or be a candidate for public or party office or take an active part in political management or political campaigns in accordance with Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to SBE's HR Division at 151 W. St. Suite 200, Annapolis, MD 21401. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Chris Lohr at Chris.Lohr@maryland.gov. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact 410-269-2840.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.