ELECTION DIRECTOR II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||9/11/2023 09:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/25/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$84,047.00 - $135,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shermaine Malcolm|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Eight years of experience applying federal, state, and local election laws and regulations applicable to conducting elections, which must have included at least one presidential or gubernatorial election, and an additional four years of supervisory or management experience.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of supervisory experience or project management experience for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for four of the eight years of required experience applying federal, state, and local election laws and regulations applicable to conducting elections, which must have included at least one presidential or gubernatorial election.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience preparing and administering a financial budget.
2. Experience training adults in a classroom setting.
3. Experience managing staff and conducting performance evaluations..
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207 (d), Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.