ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
|Department||DHS - Baltimore County DSS|
|Date Opened||1/26/2023 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/9/2023 11:59:00 PM|
The Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state’s primary social service provider, serving over one million Marylanders annually. The Department, through its 24 local departments of social services, aggressively pursues opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide preventive services, and protect vulnerable children and adults in each of Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City. DHS works in every community in Maryland to positively impact the lives of Marylanders.
This is a full-time contractual position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing administrative staff, clerical, clerical technical, or secretarial work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1) One year of experience working with federal, state or local government welfare programs;
2) One year of experience utilizing Office Suites and Google Documents for the creating, tracking and running of reports to capture information;
3) One year of experience gathering and analyzing documents to ensure accuracy in the application of policies and regulations to maintain program compliance.
Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to: Department of Human Services/Baltimore County DSS, 6401 York Rd, Attn: M. McFarland, Baltimore, MD 21212. The paper application must be received on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Information received after the closing date will not be considered. Application inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.