ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST I
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||11/16/2023 1:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$24.09 - $38.51/hour|
|HR Analyst||Shantasia Baker|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Four years of experience performing inspection or investigation work related to State, federal or local regulation, code or standard compliance.
1. Candidates may substitute sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university which includes thirty credit hours in any combination of disciplines such as earth science, environmental science, geology, civil or environmental engineering, biology, chemistry, agronomy, forestry or other related discipline and two years of experience performing inspection or investigation work related to State, federal or local regulation, code or standard compliance for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in earth science, environmental science, geology, civil or environmental engineering, biology, chemistry, agronomy, forestry or other related discipline for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources classifications or Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources specialty codes in the Engineering and Natural Resources field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Knowledge of inspection, investigation, consultation and negotiation techniques and methods;
- Experience collecting field samples and conduct field tests and measurements;
- Knowledge of environmental pollution problems, violations, and appropriate enforcement actions;
- Experience preparing and maintaining reports and case records for inspections and investigations;
- Experience working with public and private business owners and managers, contractors, government officials and the general public.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to obtain and maintain certification or license in the designated environmental compliance area.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as they relate to the requirements of this position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experience.
For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you applied.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Shantasia Baker at Shantasia.Baker1@maryland.gov. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please reference #23-001878-0012.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shantasia Baker at 410-537-3808. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
This is a specific position for the Maryland Department of the Environment. The resulting certified eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-537-3130 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.