ASSISTANT BRANCH OFFICE MANAGER (REVENUE SPECIALIST II)
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||5/19/2023 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carole Feldkamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday in a full time capacity in the Taxpayer Services Division, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Evening and weekend work may be required especially during peak times of the year. Leave may be limited during certain times of the year due to high volume events, projects or special assignments.
- Employee must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experiences presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds, climbing ladders, delivering supplies, etc.
- Employees are unable to prepare tax returns outside of the requirements of the job or work for private accounting companies.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate, including or supplemented by a course in bookkeeping or accounting.
Experience: Four years of experience performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within two or more of the specialized fields of revenue administration or performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within the motor fuel/motor carrier tax field. The specialized fields may include sales and use tax, income tax, admissions and amusement tax, withholding tax, alcohol and tobacco tax, and any other revenue levy authorized by the legislature.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree, with twelve credit hours in accounting or auditing, from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in finance technician classification or finance technician specialty codes in the financial clerical and technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior supervisory/management experience.
- Customer Service experience.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience with personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge and experience in Maryland tax laws and forms.
- Knowledge and experience in federal tax laws and forms.
- Communication skills (speaking & writing).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle.
- Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.